Shredded pork in hot garlic sauce, also named as Yu Xiang Rou Si(鱼香肉丝), is one of the most outstanding dishes in the entire Chinese recipe canon!
- 2 tablespoons of dried wood ear mushrooms
- ½ pound pork tenderloin
- 1 small section of lettuce stem
- 1 fresh red pepper
- 1 fresh green pepper
- 10 pickled peppadew peppers (or replace with fresh long red peppers)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch of peeled ginger, sliced
- 2 spring onion white parts (cut into small sections)
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion for garnish
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Marinade Sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Shaoxing rice wine (you can replace it with dry sherry wine )
- Stir-fry sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing rice wine
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Zhejiang black vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tbsp spicy bean paste (郫县豆瓣酱/Pixian Dou Ban Jiang strongly preferred)
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chili paste with garlic (Lan Chi brand preferred)
1. Soak the dried mushrooms with warm water for 20 minutes.
2. Shred the pork tenderloin and then marinate with salt, shaoxing and starch. Mix well and set aside.
3. Shred the black ear mushrooms, lettuce stem and peppers into shreds of similar sizes.
4. Prepare another bowl, add all the ingredients for stir-fry sauce; mix well and set aside.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok; add shredded pork to stir-fry until the pork becomes white. Move shredded pork out of the wok.
6. Leave 1 tablespoons of oil in wok; add garlic, ginger and green onion to stir fry for the aroma. Then put vegetable ingredients in to stir-fry for around 1 minute and then return the pork shreds.
7. Add stir-fry sauce and cook until the sauce is evenly coated on the ingredients.
8. Move out from the wok and garnish with some spring onions.