And since coca cola chicken wings become popular, we get more dished cooked with this sweet drinks such as coca cola ribs etc. The slight sweet taste bought by the drink can spare other condiments and seasoning, which makes this as one of the simplest recipe.
500 g chicken wings ,around 12 to 14 middle wings
600 ml coca cola
1 large piece of ginger
4 scallions ,divided
1/2 tbsp. cooking oil
a small pinch of salt
1 dried chili pepper ,optional for a mild spicy version
toasted white sesame for garnishing
1. Pork some small holes on the back of the chicken wings so we can keep a nice shape after cooked.
2. Add around 1/2 tablespoon of cooking oil in a pan along with some ginger slices and scallion sections and fry the chicken wings until slightly browned.
3. At the same time, cook the cola in another pot with the remaining coca cola, ginger slices and scallion.
4. Add the cola and dried red chili pepper to the chicken wings. Simmer for 10 minutes and then turn up fire and cook for another 10 minutes. During this process, pick up ginger, scallion and remove the floats on the surface.
5. Cook until all the sauce is coated on the chicken wings. You need to stir the chicken wings continuously in the last 5 minutes to avoid burning.
6. Sprinkle some white sesame seeds after transferring to serving plate.