Boiled Chicken with Sauce
A foolproof method for poaching chicken breast with guaranteed juicy chicken every single time. Served with a Ginger Shallot (Scallion) Sauce that is so good, you will want to put it on everything! Also accompanied with a quick chilli sauce (optional). This is like a (much) faster, healthier midweek version of the famous Hainanese Chicken & Rice. Also see cooking video below recipe - don't miss the Dozer cameo at the end! HIGH ALTITUDE locations
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3-4 shallots / scallions / spring onions
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chilli paste
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Take chicken out of the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Fill a saucepan with water so the chicken breast will be well submerged with at least 2" / 5cm of water above it.
- Bring water to boil. Place chicken breast in water, place lid on, bring back up to the boil. Remove saucepan from stove and set aside for 20 minutes (it's fine up to 45 min, won't overcook).
- Remove chicken from water and slice. Serve with Sauces (below) and rice.
Ginger Shallot Sauce
- Combine and mix ingredients in a bowl. Set side for 20 minutes. It will sweat and become more liquidy.
- Mix ingredients in a bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes.